Last updated on 29.3.2021
This recipe is for one ca 730 g loaf of bread.
200 g plain white flour (Doves Farm)
100 g brown bread flour (Doves Farm)
50 g buckwheat flour
30 g quinoa flour
30 g millet flour
60 g tapioca starch
10 g psyllium husks
2 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp salt
4 tsp quick yeast
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp caraway seeds
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
~26 tbsp warm water
- In a bowl of your stand mixer whisk together all the dry ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Change to batter attachment, turn to medium speed and add oil and vinegar.
- Start adding water, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough is very wet, but not muddy. Approx. 26 tbsp.
- Let it mix for 8-10 minutes, until the dough is pulling off the sides of the bowl and forming “strings”.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise in a fairly warm place for 50 minutes.
- About 30 minutes in, start preheating the oven to 220C (fan). Put a baking tray to the bottom of the oven for water and the rack in the middle/low. Prepare a 20 cm round baking dish and a square of parchment paper that will surround the bread in the dish.
- When the dough has doubled in size, flip it onto the parchment paper and using oiled hands gently smoothen the surface. Transfer the parchment paper with the dough in the baking dish.
- Fill 1 ½ cups of hot water in the baking tray in the oven, then put the bread dough in and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 190C (fan) and bake for another 45 minutes.
- The bread should be dark brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Let it cool down completely (about 1 ½ hours) before slicing.
Be First to Comment