Last updated on 29.3.2021
This recipe is for 4 servings.
300 g chicken breast – diced
1 tbsp garlic infused oil
1 Patak tikka paste pot (70g)
400 g tomatoes – deseeded, diced
½ tsp ground paprika
½ tsp salt
½ tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp ginger paste
½ tbsp desiccated coconut
1 can (400 ml) light coconut milk
2 sweet potatoes (340 g) – peeled and diced
100 g baby spinach – roughly chopped
20 g cilantro – chopped
Basmati rice (75 g per serving)
- Make rice (16 mins). If you’re planning to have leftovers, consider making fresh rice the next day.
- In a large pan, fry the chicken in garlic oil until slightly browned.
- Add tikka paste and stir until the chicken is coated.
- Add tomatoes, spices, salt, ginger and coconut and fry for a minute
- Add coconut milk, stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add a small amount of water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Take off heat and mix in cilantro.