This recipe is for 15 cookies. Each cookie is about 185 kcal (2 g protein, 23 g carbs, 9 g fat)
56 g unsalted butter
pinch of salt
85 g dark chocolate (70%)
15 small chocolate rectangles (95 g)
grated chocolate for garnish
1 large egg
115 g light brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
120 g GF flour (rice based)
1 tsp xanthan gum (skip if the blend already contains it)
2 tbsp (16 g) cocoa powder
½ tsp salt
4 giant marshmallows (92 g) – cut into quarters
- Melt butter, chocolate and a pinch of salt over low heat.
- Beat together the egg, sugar and vanilla until frothy.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, gum, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In batches add flour mix to egg mix and mix until a thick uniform dough forms. Wrap in foil and refrigerate for a minimum 1 hour.
- Make 15 balls out of the cold dough. Flatten each ball slightly and distribute on a lined baking tray, 2-3 cm apart.
- Bake at 160C (fan) for 10 minutes until crinkly. Take out, gently press a square of chocolate into each cookie and stick a piece of marshmallow on top. Try to put it fairly in the center of the cookie, the marshmallows tend to slide. Bake for another 4 minutes.