Last updated on 12.11.2023
Even in London it can be difficult to find Thai and Chinese takeaways that are safe for celiacs. We like to solve that problem by trying to make our favorite dishes at home! 🥡
We love this easy gluten free and low FODMAP Pad See Ew 😋 Just as good as a takeaway and probably healthier too 💫
This recipe is for 4 servings. Each serving contains about 552 kcal (47 g protein, 54 g carbs, 16 g fat).
Prep and cooking time ca. 50 mins.
Pad See Ew (gluten free, dairy free, low FODMAP)
- 650 g chicken breast thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3½ tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar 13 g
- 1+1 tbsp garlic infused oil for chicken
- 1 tbsp garlic infused oil for veg
- 2 eggs
- 100 g Chinese broccoli – gai lan roughly chopped
- 226 g pad-thai noodles wide rice noodles
- Mix sauce ingredients2 tbsp oyster sauce, 3½ tbsp tamari, 1 tsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Combine chicken ingredients and fry in a wok in garlic oil until slightly browned. Do it in two batches to avoid too much liquid collecting in the bottom of the pan. Remove.650 g chicken breast, 1 tsp peanut oil, 1 tbsp tamari, 1+1 tbsp garlic infused oil
- Cook the noodles according to instructions. Make sure they’re not too soft, under-cook them slightly. Rinse them under cold water so they stop cooking from the inside.226 g pad-thai noodles
- In the same wok, add garlic oil and fry the egg. Let it solidify a bit first and then scramble.1 tbsp garlic infused oil, 2 eggs
- Add broccoli and sautee.100 g Chinese broccoli – gai lan
- Add the noodles and sauce. “Toast” the noodles a bit, giving it slight burn marks.
- Add the chicken and heat through.