Last updated on 29.3.2021
This recipe is for 8 pitas.
244 g GF flour
1 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your blend already contains it)
24 g tapioca starch/flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 egg whites
1 egg yolk
180 ml whole milk (lactose free)
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and process until well combined (10 sec).
- Drizzle in oil while processing.
- Add remaining ingredients and process for about 2 minutes, until the dough starts pulling from the sides.
- Scoop out on a floured surface, divide into 8 parts and form 8 balls.
- Pat each ball (or use a rolling pin) to form flat circles about ½ cm thick. Use more flour to prevent sticking.
- Preheat the oven and a lined heavy baking tray to 205C (fan).
- Bake in batches 2 mins on one side, flip, bake for 1 min, flip and bake for an additional 1 minute.
- When ready to serve, cut in half and open the cavity with a sharp knife.