This recipe is for one small spanakopita pie – 4 servings.
25o g frozen spinach (yields 100 g when thawed and drained)
25 g fresh flat leaf parsley – chopped
13 g scallions – green parts only, chopped
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp garlic infused oil
2 large eggs
100 g feta (lactose free)
1 tsp dried dill
black pepper to taste
1 gluten free puff pastry sheet (Jus-Rol)
- Completely thaw the spinach and strain as much water as possible, ideally twisting in a cheese cloth.
- In a bowl, mix all the filling ingredients (including the spinach) and combine well.
- Oil a deep, small 14×20 cm baking dish with some olive oil. Round quiche tin might work too.
- Depending on the size of your dish cut the puff pastry sheet in about a third. The larger piece will serve as the “bottom pie crust” and the smaller piece as a lid. Line the baking dish with the larger piece. Make sure there are no holes or cracks otherwise the filling will leak through them.
- Evenly distribute the filling. Cover with the small pastry piece (lid).
- Carefully cut any pastry pieces that are weirdly sticking out, then gently fold the overhanging edges of the bottom crust over the lid and press together.
- Cut the lid of the pie, like if you were cutting the pie into quarters, to create an opening. Don’t cut all the way through.
- Oil the top and bake on 160C (fan) for 50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Be First to Comment