Last updated on 29.3.2021
This recipe is for 4 servings.
4 chicken legs (ca 850 g)
1 tbsp garlic infused oil
14 g butter
35 g scallions – green parts only, chopped
1 green chilli – deseeded, diced
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp baharat spice
1 tsp turmeric
2 large tomatoes (230 g) – diced
5 cardamom pods
⅛ tsp ground cloves
1 cinnamon stick (6 cm)
2 ½ tsp salt
1 lime – juice (1 tbsp) and zest (3 g)
3 cubes chicken stock
2 ½ cups water
1 ½ cups basmati (280 g)
20 g chopped parsley
20 g chopped cilantro
- In a large pan, brown chicken in butter and oil on all sides. Set aside.
- In the same pan, saute scallions, chilli and ginger (2 mins)
- Add baharat and turmeric and saute for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, spices, salt, lime, stock, water and the chicken, bring to boil and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Soak rice for 15 minutes, rinse 3 times and mix with parsley and cilantro.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and cardamom pods. Add rice to the pan, combine with the liquid and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, until the liquid has absorbed.
Be First to Comment