Last updated on 29.3.2021
This recipe is for 4 servings.
4 chicken legs (ca 850 g)
1 tbsp garlic infused oil
14 g butter
35 g scallions – green parts only, chopped
1 green chilli – deseeded, diced
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp baharat spice
1 tsp turmeric
2 large tomatoes (230 g) – diced
5 cardamom pods
⅛ tsp ground cloves
1 cinnamon stick (6 cm)
2 ½ tsp salt
1 lime – juice (1 tbsp) and zest (3 g)
3 cubes chicken stock
2 ½ cups water
1 ½ cups basmati (280 g)
20 g chopped parsley
20 g chopped cilantro
- In a large pan, brown chicken in butter and oil on all sides. Set aside.
- In the same pan, saute scallions, chilli and ginger (2 mins)
- Add baharat and turmeric and saute for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, spices, salt, lime, stock, water and the chicken, bring to boil and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Soak rice for 15 minutes, rinse 3 times and mix with parsley and cilantro.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and cardamom pods. Add rice to the pan, combine with the liquid and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, until the liquid has absorbed.