Last updated on 29.3.2021
This recipe is for a 340 g loaf. The whole loaf is ca 1000 kcal.
5 egg whites (196 g) – room temp.
80 g GF flour (rice based)
20 g cornstarch
65 g powder sugar
70 g granulated sugar
¾ tsp cream of tartar
⅛ tsp salt
½ tbsp vanilla extract
⅛ tsp almond extract
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Process the granulated sugar to make it slightly finer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until they start to foam. Add cream of tartar, salt, vanilla and almond extract and continue whisking until frothy.
- Gradually add granulated sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Very gently fold in the dry ingredients. The less air you knock out, the fluffier the cake will be.
- Bake in an ungreased small loaf pan on 175C (fan) for 35 minutes.
- Immediately invert the pan upside down and let cool completely.