Last updated on 29.3.2021
This recipe is for 6 glasses (servings). If you’re making mascarpone from scratch, it has to be made a day ahead.
250 g mascarpone (lactose free)
3 egg yolks
80 g sugar
52 ml whole milk (lactose free)
12 thin slices Angel Food Cake (gluten free, dairy free, low FODMAP), cut out glass circles (ca 11g each)
2 tbsp instant coffee
½ cup boiling water
½ tbsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp sugar
150 ml whipping cream (lactose free)
½ tsp vanilla extract
Cocoa powder for dusting
- Mix yolks, sugar and milk. Slowly bring to boil and simmer for 1 minute. Bring to room temperature, then refrigerate for 1 ½ hours.
- Mix yolk mixture with mascarpone until smooth.
- Make coffee and mix with syrup and sugar. Bring to room temperature.
- Mix whipping cream with vanilla and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Put 2-3 tsp of coffee per slice of angel food cake on a small plate and swiftly dip the angel food cake on both sides.
- Layer in 6 small glasses:
- 1) Angel food cake
- 2) Mascarpone/egg
- 3) Whipped cream
- 4) Angel food cake
- 5) Mascarpone/egg
- 6) Whipped cream
- Dust with cocoa powder
Be First to Comment